Monday, January 11, 2010

Green Bay / Arizona, Chapman, et al.

So, wow! What a game yesterday afternoon between Green Bay and Arizona. That was just one of the single most entertaining games I have sat around and watched in ages..... and I really don't get into pro football too much. It was just back and forth and just fun. Great plays by both teams. No defense but those offenses were just so good that I wonder how much was D and how much was just that the QB's and receivers were just that good. But a game for the ages as far as I am concerned. Dramatic and all. Went to overtime even! Just lots of fun to watch. Good job guys. Yeah the Pats game.... ugly. Whatever. Would have been nice if they had won, but I am not invested in them. Now if VT had lost like that, I would be wreck after watching it. I probably would not have made it through the game as I would have sick to my stomach.

So, Aroldis Chapman was signed to a five-year, $25 million deal. I am really surprised the Red Sox didn't get more into this. Apparently they had backed out a while back and never got back in. Not really at least. But the Reds? Really? That team just seems to have a lot of organizational issues. Can they afford to do something like this? I don't know. I don't think so. They have so much money tied up right now that it just seems like a scary move on their end. It could pay off, but I wouldn't put money on it. Big market teams can handle burning $25 million without an issue. But, a team from Cincinnati has to be smarter than that. They must be REAL sure he is the guy. I hope for their sake he is.

Haven't had too much to say about beer lately. I have a ton of things to drink right now. I still have the Great Lakes Christmas (which is growing on me), a ton of Clipper City Marz-hon, a Lancaster mix-pack, and a lot of nicer beers. I am almost through my Christmas gift from my wife of the Unibroue mix packs. I really prefer the dark pack over the light pack. And it isn't just due to the higher alcohol beers. Every single one of the dark pack has been great. I still have one more to try from there and I am sure I will love it. I have one of the light pack as well, but the only one I really have enjoyed from that pack was the Blanche de Chambly. That was a really nice wit beer all in all. But, the Ephemere and Chambly Noire were definitely nothing special. Maybe I will do an actual review on the last one I have left from the dark pack (Maudite is the one I believe). Yeah, that will work. Hopefully I will get it done this week.

Oh yeah, great comic here for all of the physics nuts out there (like me!). Going to start reading this one regularly along with LICD and LFG.

No comments:

Post a Comment